Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week #3 - Thing #7



Having young adult children is a distinct advantage for those of us who are trying to learn about all these new technologies. Before our 25 year-old daughter moved to California, she took it upon herself to teach her parents the art of texting on our cell phones. While there are still MANY features on my cell phone that I do not have a clue about, I have become quite adept at texting her. Of course, she can text at the speed of light and I am rather slow by comparison. In the time it takes me to craft a short sentence, she can create a paragraph complete with punctuation. I still forget to change the modes that I am in and find myself thinking "Why can't I just call her!" But I persevere in this quest to become better at texting. Even my husband (who does not like using computers) has become a fan of texting. And it is all about communicating, yes? I like that it is so easy to be able to stay in touch with her even though she is 3000 miles away.

No comments: