Monday, February 4, 2008

Week #4 - Thing #8 RSS Feeds

I understand how someone could spend many hours looking at a computer screen.  This information explosion is mind-boggling!  And now I can be selective and have information delivered to me?  Talk about efficient!  But how this can be useful in a school classroom or library?  The advantages were not immediately apparent to me until I had a chance to look over some schools' sites.  It is neat to see how different schools are using them to share information.  I especially enjoyed reading through the Westwood School's blog.  By comparison, my library is in the Dark Ages.  I think I am depressed - we have a long way to go.  But taking this course is a good first step for me. 

1 comment:

Barb said...

Absolutely! The fact that you are taking this course is a huge step in the right direction. I am surprised at how many of the things that we are looking at can be used to make operating the library simpler. And even if you don't use anything new right away, when a problem you need to solve comes up, you may remember a tool from here that can do the trick.