Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 9 - #20 You Tube

Whoa baby! You were not kidding when you said "...like any free site, you'll also find a lot of stuff not worth watching..." What is it with people and their desires to show it all to the world? With NO effort, I was seeing a lot more than I wanted to see. Guess I am showing my age.

But with that said, I believe there is a lot of potential for using You Tube in school. On my library's website, I could picture some great introductions on subjects like researching the Internet or subscription databases. How about etiquette for the library? Using humor to make a point is often my preferred method of instruction. I LOVED the Introducing the Book video - unfortunately, they reminded me of some of my students ("Exactly what am I supposed to do with this thing called a book?"). Sigh. I will keep trying to find books that kids want to read.

After poking around, I found a video that I really liked:

The creator of this cartoon understands cats. The gentle humor makes me laugh as I recognize some familiar cat behavior.

No comments: