Sunday, March 16, 2008

Zoho Writer Test Drive

Week #8 - #18 Online Productivity Tools

This document is a test run to play with the features of Zoho Writer.


So first I am going to play with things like:
Coloring words like a rainbow
Italicizing Underlining Setting background color
Linking to a web page:This connects to the IMC's homepage. Emoticons?laughing with comments no less!

  • This is fun. It is very similar to the word processing applications that students are using now. And I actually think that it is easier as the tool bar is up and ready to be used in its entirety. I have noticed that many students are not familiar with the formatting options that are available to them in something like MS Word.
  • Tags are the new folders! Brilliant! This could make my life a lot easier! Nothing like trying to remember where I saved something.
  • This could be a great tool for my students to use - they mostly work on PCs at home and often do not have MS Word. They try to e-mail it to themselves and do not do it correctly - then we cannot open it on our Macs in school. This could eliminate all that - couldn't it??? That alone would make it worth the price of admission!

And now for my next trick, I intend to to publish this to my blog!

No comments: