Sunday, March 30, 2008

Week 9 - #22 Exploring eBooks and Audio eBooks

The benefits of accessing books online is another example of how technology is making it easier for people to find what they need or want. As I am poking around the WorldEBook Fair site, I am amazed by the numbers of titles that are available. It might be worth paying the membership fee in order to have access all that they have to offer.

I also took this opportunity to look at what my public library is offering to its patrons. I am always telling my students about the free resources available to them at their public library. This is one more reason for them to get their own library card.

And I can see the possibility of using LibriVox (audiobook versions of copyright-free books from the Gutenberg Project) in the classroom. I am also amazed at the selection of books that are available in The Best Places to Get Free Books - what a great resource!

No comments: